Mrs.D's Store

The Royal Palm: multi award-winning children's book!

Runaway Clothes:multi award-winning children's book!

Good Morning, World!:Multi Award Winner

The Trees Have Hearts:Multi Award Winner

Follow Carlo the Mouse Series!5 books are coming in 2017-2020!

Join The City Kittens and the Old House Cat

The Little Girl Praying on the Hill- Readers' Favorite International GOLD Award Winner

That Is How Things Are - Coming in fall 2017!

Who Will Feed Stacey First? Story 1:Coming 2018!

The Mysterious Life Inside a Closet-A New Children's Book Coming in spring 2018!!

A Beautiful Tribute From My Fans

Monday, October 1, 2018

Carlo the Mouse Series and Coloring Books


It has been some thrilling ride since I introduced Carlo the mouse to the world. Every vegetable has its time. So does the story of Carlo the Mouse. It must find its readers, some of them far away from Florida and some of them next to my or your home. As the author, I faced a real dilemma: what to do with the original book, Carlo the Mouse on Vacation. Since this book includes four stories, which are for slightly older readers, I decided to slightly rewrite them and made these stories a part of the Carlo the Mouse series. As of right now, I have published six books about Carlo the mouse as a baby and a teen. Carlo the Mouse, Book 6 gradually connects new stories to the old stories. Chanoa, the talented illustrator, beautifully illustrated the first six books. Her illustrations are colorful, entertaining, and pleasant to the eye. 



The full series of adventures of Carlo the mouse will easily entertain children and grown-ups. I am planning to publish Carlo the Mouse, books 7, 8, 9 and 10, which will include Carlo the Mouse on Vacation adventures in 2020. As sad as I felt, I retired my first book, Carlo the Mouse on Vacation. I kept a few original books of Carlo the Mouse on Vacation for my loyal fans and me as a great reminder of how the series of Carlo the Mouse fell into my lap. And as my young fan, Sergei, wrote in his story, may the story of Carlo the mouse never end.



I am now working on the next few books about Carlo the mouse in Mrs. D’s kitchen. There will be the war for cheese between Carlo and Mr. D, who is an Italian and who knows a lot about good cheese. Carlo the Mouse on Vacation series will go to the illustration stage in 2019-2020, and should be published in 2020-2022. Carlo’s adventures in New Jersey will be linked to the first original “Carlo the Mouse on Vacation.”




Many of you who read “Carlo the Mouse on Vacation” remember that the story ended with Carlo trapped inside a pizza box, which was handed to a man in black. The next few books after Carlo’s misadventures will take place on the streets of Paris and will be very intriguing. Spies ... betrayal ... and a war between international mice...


I am dying to tell you more, but this is as much as I am allowed to reveal. I am very excited about this project and can’t wait to introduce you to the naughty Carlo as a grown mouse. As for now, please use your creative minds, pencils, crayons and brushes and show me your artistic side. I hope you had fun coloring this book and enjoyed some activities as you set out on adventures with Carlo the mouse. I would be delighted if with the permission of their parents, young artists and readers would send me their coloring pages and stories so I could see their vision too. Please ask your mom or dad or other caregivers to scan the colored pages. Then they can email them to olga@mrsdbooks.com. I will gladly post them on my blog at Mrs.D.Books.
Books make the world a little lighter, a little brighter and a whole lot more fun! Read and Color ON!




The first six books are already available in print and as e-books on Amazon and B&N. My little readers are already in love with Chanoa’s art and her mischievous characters. I thought it would be a great idea to create two coloring books, based on the six Carlo the Mouse books. The first coloring book will include the art from Carlo the Mouse, books 1, 2 and 3, and the second coloring book will include Carlo the Mouse, books 4, 5 and 6.




Fun! Fun! And more Fun! Look Inside! 










No comments:

Post a Comment