Mrs.D's Store

The Royal Palm: multi award-winning children's book!

Runaway Clothes:multi award-winning children's book!

Good Morning, World!:Multi Award Winner

The Trees Have Hearts:Multi Award Winner

Follow Carlo the Mouse Series!5 books are coming in 2017-2020!

Join The City Kittens and the Old House Cat

The Little Girl Praying on the Hill- Readers' Favorite International GOLD Award Winner

That Is How Things Are - Coming in fall 2017!

Who Will Feed Stacey First? Story 1:Coming 2018!

The Mysterious Life Inside a Closet-A New Children's Book Coming in spring 2018!!

A Beautiful Tribute From My Fans

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

What would you say about my autobiography?



BiographyI was born in West Ukraine in 1959. I grew up on a farm in a village nestled in the beautiful Carpathian Mountains. As a child, I was surrounded by nature and the real world, without TV and toys. I learned to read by the age of four, and books then became a huge part of my life.
In my country at this time, the post–World War II recovery was still in progress, and very often, as a child of the ’60s, I ran after the truck delivering bread. The ice cream truck did not exist in my part of the world.
To escape the harsh reality of everyday hard farm labor, I created my own imaginary world populated with characters from books. Once you enter the world of books, you can be everywhere and everyone; you just have to imagine it.I learned very quickly that there was only one way out of the life I was born into: education. Everything else can be taken away from you, but education will stay with you forever. It is your investment for life. I studied hard, and at age of 16 I finished high school near the top of my class and entered business college.


I immigrated to the United States in 1992 with my two small daughters. Not knowing the English language and not having children’s books to read, I created my own stories. At bedtime, I told those stories to my children. Unfortunately, we did not write them down, and they disappeared from our memories.

I worked in my own bakery for many years in Smithville, New Jersey, and recently retired. I speak a few languages fluently, but was always terrified to write in English. However, I love to write, so last year I decided to learn how to write in English. I decided not to take any courses or go back to school. I did it fast, like a surgeon—painful but curing.
Everything happened at the same time: learning computer, typing, and writing in English. One morning, I opened my daughter’s old computer and with two fingers started to type my first children’s story. It was fun, mixed with frustration and fright.
“What language are you writing in, honey?” my husband asked one evening.
“English, I guess,” I answered proudly. He read the first sentence and smiled, and then he began to correct my written pages.
“Keep going, the story makes me laugh.” He encouraged me day after day. Sweating over every sentence, many days later, I finally got somewhere. I was able to send my first email to my daughters, and for the first time, they did not call me to ask what I meant. They understood every word I wrote.
It was a struggle at first, but I found that learning to write in English was very rewarding, almost therapeutic. It consumed all my bad energy and made me reconnect with my soul and my family.

We worked as a team, with me writing and my family making corrections. They were the worst critics I had ever faced. With the help of my husband and my daughters, I overcame my fears, and while practicing English wrote a few children’s stories. Those close to me encouraged me to publish some of them, and now you can be the judge.

Carlo the Mouse on Vacation and The Trees Have Hearts are published and available on Amazon and Barnes & Noble. They’re also available for most popular e-devices as e-books. Please check them out! Thank you.








In this lively book with its beautiful illustrations, you’ll read the touching story of a young girl, friendless because she cannot speak a new language. It will transport your child into the imaginary world of a little girl who has moved to America from a different country. Unable to speak English, the lonely girl cannot find friends at first. She lives in an old house with a small garden, where three lovely trees and the mysterious wind become her first imaginary friends.
The garden friends develop a wonderful friendship with the girl and help her to overcome her fears and worries. They teach her how to make real friends and help her to cope with difficult moments while adapting to her new surroundings.
Unforgettable characters open a beautiful imaginary world to young readers, inviting them to share the fears, tears, and joys of a little girl. The story teaches the true meaning of friendship, while showing readers the beauty of nature. It reveals an enchanting imaginary world as seen through the eyes of a child.





A funny story, full of the adventures and troubles of Carlo the mouse, who lives a simple life in a Florida hospital but always dreams of greater things. In this vibrant picture book, a daring mouse takes center stage in an adventure even bigger than his appetite.
Carlo has never been outside the four walls of his home and he has one unfulfilled wish—a vacation. In a twist of fate, he unexpectedly finds himself embarking on his adventures and misadventures by accidentally landing inside an open car trunk, catching the wrong bus, and boarding an airplane that takes him halfway around the world to Paris.
The shrewd Carlo finds a way to survive the most unusual situations while dodging—or causing—mayhem along the way, touching readers’ hearts and making them laugh.






ARE AVAILABLE ON AMAZONB&N
 AND AS E-BOOKS ON MOST POPULAR E-DEVICES. 






WORKS IN PROGRESS

Carlo the Mouse: Grab your boots and hold on to your hat, because you’re in for an exciting trip! Let your imagination soar in this new full version of Carlo’s adventures. This series of 10 books is an entertaining look into the life of this little mouse, who was born inside a hospital’s walls. His parents taught him how to survive on his own, but Carlo broke all their rules in exploring the hospital.
Clever, curious, and very impatient, Carlo constantly gets in trouble with the hospital staff, causing chaos in the hospital. Somehow he manages to survive the exterminator, the head cook, Fidel the cat, and the hospital manager, who becomes his worst nightmare.
As he learns about famous cooks from watching cooking shows on TV, Carlo dreams about the world outside the hospital. But as he takes an unexpected vacation far away from home, he finds out that the world outside the hospital is not what he expected. His insatiable desire for adventure gets him in constant trouble.


 PUBLISHED!




The Royal Palm. (Coming in summer 2014) A snobby silver palm learns a valuable lesson and the meaning of real friendship.







Runaway Clothes. (coming in spring 2014) An instructional story about a little girl who didn’t like to take care of her clothes and toys. In the end, she learns how easy it is to lose something you love so much.





That Is How Things Are. Coming in 2015
 (two connected stories:"The Autumn Wind" and "The Kitten and the Sparrow"





Who Is Most Important in the Fridge? Coming in 2015
 These fun rhyming stories introduce young readers to delightful food characters with goofy personalities, real feelings, passions and fears, who always disagree with each other about who will feed a hungry little girl first.

STORY 1:Who Will Feed Stacey First?



The Mysterious Life Inside a Closet. Coming in 2015 A humorous story about the mysterious life inside the closet and a curious little kitten, which sneaks inside the closet and causes mayhem.




The City Kittens and the Old House Cat. A wonderful Christmas story about sharing and giving. 







PUBLISHED!!! GOOD MORNING, WORLD!



A happy, rhyming story about Baby Thomas and his grandpa. Baby Thomas wants to hug and embrace a beautiful world full of amazing things, but Grandpa takes the world very seriously and cannot see it as a happy place. They see the same picture, but each takes a different approach. As they walk in the park one sunny morning, the little things amuse Baby Thomas, who likes to collect “good mornings” and makes friends easily. His grouchy grandpa is annoyed about every little thing, which just a moment ago had amazed Baby Thomas. In this book, young readers will easily connect with the wonders of nature and unforgettable characters, who playfully interact with each other









Edmund White said, "Biography can be the most middle-class of all forms, the judgment of little people avenging themselves on the great." 




Mrs. D. (Olga D'Agostino), an award-winning children's author, was born in western Ukraine. She lived in the historical city of Lviv, where she studied business in Lviv Business College and worked in the food industry. In 1992 she immigrated to the USA with her two small daughters and for years worked in her own business. In 2011, she began her career as a writer, focusing on writing children's books that have meaning and provide valuable lessons. Two of her children's books, Good Morning,World! and The Trees Have Hearts, won a 2013 Mom's Choice Awards. She is a member of SCBWI and speaks a few languages fluently. She lives in the famous town of Smithville, NJ, with her husband Patrick and a meticulous old cat named Nyda.

Published books by Mrs. D. include Carlo the Mouse on Vacation, The Trees Have Hearts, The City Kittens and The Old House Cat, Good Morning, World!, and Carlo the Mouse, Book 1: Too Many Rules for One Little Mouse. 

The full series of Carlo the Mouse and her new books Runaway Clothes, The Royal Palm, The Mysterious Life Inside a Closet, That Is How Things Are: The Autumn Wind and That Is How Things Are: The Kitten and the Sparrow, and three rhyming stories in Who Is Most Important in the Fridge? will be published in the near future. Her books are available in print on Amazon and Barnes & Noble, and as e-books for most popular e-devices. For updates on Mrs. D.'s books, please visit her websites: www.mrsdbooks.net 

What would he say about my autobiography?


PLEASE REMEMBER TO VISIT :WWW.MRSDBOOKS.NET 

No comments:

Post a Comment