The bookstore itself is about 10ft by 10ft, and its shelves are full of mainstream literary titles and classic authors.
Friday, February 1, 2013
PUBLISHED IN: BookRiot
Courtesy of Jeff O'Neal
Now this is the kind of roadside attraction I would stop for.
About 100 miles northeast of Toronto, The World’s Smallest Bookstore sits on a quiet stretch of County Road 503.
The bookstore itself is about 10ft by 10ft, and its shelves are full of mainstream literary titles and classic authors.
The kicker is that the books are only three dollars apiece, paid on the honor system. (There is a larger selection of books (and prices) in another building on the property).
Lest drivers miss the little speck of store, the bookstore’s road is several times bigger than the store itself.
There are handbills for visitors to take titled “Why I Love Books” that list the following reasons:
1) Books are silent.
2) Books do not require hydro.
3) Books do not interrupt
4) Books open easily — no switches or remotes
5) Books can be shut up easily anytime
6) Books cannot be offended
7) Books do not talk back
8) Books do not demand T.L.C. — but get it anyway.
9) Books do not require food or water
10) Books will not feel neglected
11) Books will not send you on a guilt trip if you lose interest or ignore them
12) Books never require medical attention
13) Books do not have commercials
14) A book does not go into a snit if you look at another book
15) A book won’t mind if you are reading more than book at a time.
How can you not love a place like this?
Jeff O'Neal is the editor of Book Riot. He also blogs about media, publishing and technology at Critical Linking Follow him on Twitter: @readingape
Thank you for reading this article. I hope you found it interesting.
Courtesy of Kent Huffman
Top Marketing Book Authors on Twitter
These are the top 86 marketing book authors around the world who 1) provide useful content, 2) consistently engage with their followers, 3) truly "get it" when it comes to the best ways to use Twitter and other forms of social media, and 4) were active on Twitter as of December 28, 2012. These authors have been selected using a proprietary algorithm that I developed four years ago and continue to refine.
This list is organized by number of followers (in descending order). You can also follow these authors using Chris Herbert's Twitter list.
Please let me know if we have missed any authors whose marketing books are available on Amazon.com. After the review and confirmation process, he/she may be added to this list, which is updated regularly.
- #1: Amy Jo MartinAuthor of Renegades Write the Rules: How the Digital Royalty Use Social Media to Innovate from Jossey-Bass
- #2: Dr. Sarah-Jayne GrattonCo-author of Zero to 100,000: Social Media Tips and Tricks for Small Businessesfrom Que Biz-Tech and author of Follow Me! Creating a Personal Brand with Twitter from John Wiley & Sons
- #3: Dr. Dean Anthony GrattonCo-author of Zero to 100,000: Social Media Tips and Tricks for Small Businessesfrom Que Biz-Tech
- #4: Mari SmithAuthor of The New Relationship Marketing: How to Build a Large, Loyal, Profitable Network Using the Social Web from John Wiley & Sons
- #5: Warren WhitlockCo-author of Twitter Revolution: How Social Media and Mobile Marketing is Changing the Way We Do Business and Market Online from Xeno Press
- #6: Barry LibertAuthor of Social Nation: How to Harness the Power of Social Media to Attract Customers, Motivate Employees, and Grow Your Business from John Wiley & Sons
- #7: Laura FittonCo-author of Twitter for Dummies from For Dummies
- #8: Eve MayerAuthor of The Social Media Business Equation: Using Online Connections to Grow Your Bottom Line from Course Technology PTR
- #9: David Meerman ScottAuthor of The New Rules of Marketing and PR: How to Use News Releases, Blogs, Podcasting, Viral Marketing, and Online Media to Reach Buyers Directly from John Wiley & Sons
- #10: Jay BaerCo-author of The Now Revolution: Seven Steps to Becoming a Faster, Smarter, and More Responsive Company from John Wiley & Sons
- #11: David SzetelaCo-author of Pay-per-Click Search Engine Marketing: An Hour a Day from Sybex
- #12: Jeffrey HayzlettAuthor of Running the Gauntlet: Essential Business Lessons to Lead, Drive Change, and Grow Profits from McGraw Hill and The Mirror Test: Is Your Business Really Breathing? from Business Plus
- #13: Jeffrey GitomerAuthor of Social BOOM! How to Master Business Social Media to Brand Yourself, Sell Yourself, Sell Your Product, Dominate Your Industry Market, Save Your Butt, Rake in the Cash, and Grind Your Competition into the Dirt from FT Press
- #14: Adrian OttAuthor of The 24-Hour Customer: New Rules for Winning in a Time-Starved, Always-Connected Economy from HarperBusiness
- #15: Mark SchaeferAuthor of Return On Influence: The Revolutionary Power of Klout, Social Scoring, and Influence Marketing from McGraw-Hill and The Tao of Twitter: Changing Your Life and Business 140 Characters at a Time from Mark Schaefer Publishing
- #16: Dave KerpenAuthor of Likeable Social Media: How to Delight Your Customers, Create an Irresistible Brand, and Be Generally Amazing on Facebook (and Other Social Networks) from McGraw-Hill
- #17: Lori RuffCo-author of Rock the World with Your Online Presence: Your Ticket to a Multi-Platinum LinkedIn Profile from CreateSpace
- #18: Drew McLellanAuthor of 99.3 Random Acts of Marketing from Innova
- #19: Jeremy GoldmanAuthor of Going Social: Excite Customers, Generate Buzz, and Energize Your Brand with the Power of Social Media from AMACOM Books
- #20: Lynn SerafinnAuthor of The 7 Graces of Marketing: How to Heal Humanity and the Planet by Changing the Way We Sell from Humanity 1 Press
- #21: C.C. ChapmanCo-author of Content Rules: How to Create Killer Blogs, Podcasts, Videos, E-books, Webinars (and More) that Engage Customers and Ignite Your Businessfrom John Wiley & Sons
- #22: Jesse StayAuthor of Google+ for Dummies from For Dummies
- #23: Kent HuffmanAuthor of 8 Mandates for Social Media Marketing Success: Insights and Success Stories from 154 of the World's Most Innovative Marketing Practitioners, Authors, and Professors from C-Suite Press and co-author of Maximizing Your Marketing Efforts: Leading CMOs on Overcoming Budget Constraints, Positioning Your Brand, and Harnessing Creativity from Thomson Reuters/Aspatore Books
- #24: Andy SmithCo-author of The Dragonfly Effect: Quick, Effective, and Powerful Ways to Use Social Media to Drive Social Change from Jossey-Bass
- #25: Chuck MartinAuthor of The Third Screen: Marketing to Your Customers in a World Gone Mobile from Nicholas Brealey Publishing
- #26: Shane GibsonCo-author of Sociable! How Social Media is Turning Sales and Marketing Upside Down from BookSurge Publishing
- #27: Aaron StroutCo-author of Location-Based Marketing for Dummies from For Dummies
- #28: Scott McKainAuthor of Collapse of Distinction: Stand Out and Move Up While Your Competition Fails from Thomas Nelson
- #29: Deirdre BreakenridgeCo-author of Cyberbranding: Brand Building in the Digital Economy from Financial Times/Prentice Hall
- #30: Lois GellerAuthor of Response: The Complete Guide to Profitable Direct Marketing from Oxford University Press
- #31: Dr. Jennifer AakerCo-author of The Dragonfly Effect: Quick, Effective, and Powerful Ways to Use Social Media to Drive Social Change from Jossey-Bass
- #32: Karen PostAuthor of Brand Turnaround: How Brands Gone Bad Returned to Glory and the 7 Game Changers that Made the Difference from McGraw-Hill
- #33: Frank SonnenbergAuthor of Marketing to Win: Strategies for Building Competitive Advantage in Service Industries from Ballinger Publishing
- #34: Paul ChaneyAuthor of The Digital Handshake: Seven Proven Strategies to Grow Your Business Using Social Media from John Wiley & Sons
- #35: Bernie BorgesAuthor of Marketing 2.0: Bridging the Gap between Seller and Buyer through Social Media Marketing from Wheatmark
- #36: Tom FeltensteinAuthor of 501 Killer Marketing Tactics to Increase Sales, Maximize Profits, and Stomp Your Competition from McGraw-Hill and The 10-Minute Marketer's Secret Formula: A Shortcut to Extraordinary Profits Using Neighborhood Marketing from Morgan James Publishing
- #37: Erik DeckersCo-author of Branding Yourself: How to Use Social Media to Invent or Reinvent Yourself from Que Biz-Tech
- #38: Debbie WeilAuthor of The Corporate Blogging Book: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know to Get It Right from Portfolio
- #39: Stephanie DiamondCo-author of Social Media Marketing For Dummies from For Dummies and Web Marketing for Small Businesses: Seven Steps to Explosive Business Growth from Sourcebooks
- #40: Simon SaltAuthor of Social Location Marketing: Outshining Your Competitors on Foursquare, Gowalla, Yelp, and Other Location-Sharing Sites from Que Biz-Tech
- #41: Jennifer AbernethyAuthor of The Complete Idiot's Guide to Social Media Marketing from Alpha
- #42: Beverly MacyCo-author of The Power of Real-Time Social Media Marketing: How to Attract and Retain Customers and Grow the Bottom Line in the Globally Connected Worldfrom McGraw-Hill
- #43: Mark FidelmanAuthor of Socialized! How the Most Successful Businesses Harness the Power of Social from Bibliomotion
- #44: Marshall SponderAuthor of Social Media Analytics: Effective Tools for Building, Intrepreting, and Using Metrics from McGraw-Hill
- #45: Jamie TurnerCo-author of Go Mobile: Location-Based Marketing, Apps, Mobile Optimized Ad Campaigns, 2D Codes, and Other Mobile Strategies to Grow Your Business from John Wiley & Sons and co-author of How to Make Money with Social Media: An Insider's Guide on Using New and Emerging Media to Grow Your Business from FT Press
- #46: Lorrie Thomas RossAuthor of The McGraw-Hill 36-Hour Course: Online Marketing from McGraw-Hill
- #47: Liana "Li" EvansAuthor of Social Media Marketing: Strategies for Engaging in Facebook, Twitter & Other Social Media from Que Biz-Tech
- #48: Stan PhelpsAuthor of What's Your Purple Goldfish? How to Win Customers and Influence Word of Mouth from 9 INCH Marketing
- #49: Hollis ThomasesAuthor of Twitter Marketing: An Hour a Day from Sybex
- #50: Andrea VahlCo-author of Facebook Marketing All-in-One for Dummies from For Dummies
- #51: Dr. David AakerAuthor of Brand Relevance: Making Competitors Irrelevant from Jossey-Bass andSpanning Silos: The New CMO Imperative from Harvard Business School Press
- #52: Steve WoodsAuthor of Digital Body Language: Deciphering Customer Intentions in an Online World from New Year Publishing
- #53: Jessie PaulAuthor of No Money Marketing: From Upstart to Big Brand on a Frugal Budgetfrom Tata McGraw-Hill
- #54: Gail GoodmanAuthor of Engagement Marketing: How Small Business Wins in a Socially Connected World from John Wiley & Sons
- #55: Ric DragonAuthor of Social Marketology: Improve Your Social Media Processes and Get Customers to Stay Forever from McGraw-Hill
- #56: Phyllis KhareCo-author of Facebook Marketing All-in-One for Dummies from For Dummies
- #57: Greg JarboeCo-author of YouTube and Video Marketing: An Hour a Day from Sybex
- #58: Lida CitroënAuthor of Reputation 360: Creating Power through Personal Branding from Palisades Publishing
- #59: Lou ImbrianoCo-author of Winning the Customer: Turn Consumers into Fans and Get Them to Spend More from McGraw-Hill
- #60: Michelle GoldenAuthor of Social Media Strategies for Professionals and Their Firms: The Guide to Establishing Credibility and Accelerating Relationships from John Wiley & Sons
- #61: Jeanniey MullenCo-author of E-Mail Marketing: An Hour a Day from Sybex
- #62: Derek MehrabanAuthor of The New Media Driver's License: Using Social Media for More Productive Business and Marketing Communications from Racom Communications
- #63: Stephen DennyAuthor of Killing Giants: 10 Strategies to Topple the Goliath in Your Industryfrom Portfolio Hardcover
- #64: John C. HavensCo-author of Tactical Transparency: How Leaders Can Leverage Social Media to Maximize Value and Build their Brand from Jossey-Bass
- #65: Dr. Ian FenwickCo-author of DigiMarketing: The Essential Guide to New Media and Digital Marketing from John Wiley & Sons
- #66: Lon SafkoCo-author of The Social Media Bible: Tactics, Tools, and Strategies for Business Success from John Wiley & Sons
- #67: Catherine JuonAuthor of Internet Marketing Start to Finish: Drive Measurable, Repeatable Online Sales with Search Marketing, Usability, CRM, and Analytics from Que Biz-Tech
- #68: Alan K'nechtCo-author of The Last Original Idea: A Cynic's View of Internet Marketing from Infinity Publishing
- #69: Jeff HasenAuthor of Mobilized Marketing: Driving Sales, Engagement, and Loyalty through Mobile Marketing from John Wiley & Sons
- #70: Mike MoranCo-author of Search Engine Marketing, Inc.: Driving Search Traffic to Your Company's Web Site from IBM Press
- #71: Adam NeedlesAuthor of Balancing the Demand Equation: The Elements of a Successful, Modern B2B Demand Generation Model from New Year Publishing
- #72: Jim JosephAuthor of The Experience Effect: Engage Your Customers with a Consistent and Memorable Brand Experience from AMACOM Books
- #73: Jarvis CromwellCo-author of The Chief Marketing Officer: CMOs from the World's Leading Companies on Building a Successful Team, Setting Goals, and Making a Financial Impact from Thomson Reuters/Aspatore Books
- #74: Jim SignorelliAuthor of StoryBranding: Creating Stand-Out Brands through the Power of Storyfrom Greenleaf Book Group Press
- #75: Josh MilesAuthor of Bold Brand: The New Rules for Differentiating, Branding, and Marketing Your Professional Services Firm from the Content Marketing Institute
- #76: Rick MathiesonAuthor of The On-Demand Brand: 10 Rules for Digital Marketing Success in an Anytime, Everywhere World and Branding Unbound: The Future of Advertising, Sales, and the Brand Experience in the Wireless Age from AMACOM Books
- #77: Eric Van Der HopeAuthor of Niche Methodology: Nine Strategies for Identifying, Gathering, and Developing a Profitable Niche Market from Globalnet Publishing
- #78: Chris GramsAuthor of The Ad-Free Brand: Secrets to Building Successful Brands in a Digital World from Que Biz-Tech
- #79: Wayne BreitbarthAuthor of The Power Formula for Linkedin Success: Kick-Start Your Business, Brand, and Job Search from Greenleaf Book Group
- #80: Rob FuggettaAuthor of Brand Advocates: Turning Enthusiastic Customers into a Powerful Marketing Force from John Wiley & Sons
- #81: Linda IrelandAuthor of Domino: How Customer Experience Can Tip Everything in Your Business toward Better Financial Performance from Aveus Publishing
- #82: John EllettAuthor of The CMO Manifesto: A 100-Day Action Plan for Marketing Change Agents from CreateSpace
- #83: Michael HamlinCo-author of High Visibility: Transforming Your Personal and Professional Brandfrom McGraw-Hill
- #84: Luis GallardoAuthor of Brands and Rousers: The Holistic System to Foster High-Performing Businesses, Brands, and Careers from LID Publishing
- #85: Teri Lucie ThompsonCo-author of Tuning into Mom: Understanding America's Most Powerful Consumer from Purdue University Press
- #86: Geri RocksteinCo-author of The Last Original Idea: A Cynic's View of Internet Marketing from Infinity Publishing
Kent Huffman is your guide for the "Exclusives" section of Social Media Marketing Magazine. He is the CMO at BearCom Wireless, America's only nationwide wireless equipment dealer and integrator. Formerly, Kent served as the Vice President of Marketing for CompuCom Systems and the Global Director of Marketing Communications for Perot Systems. He is the father of two marketing process models: "Systemic Marketing" and "Marketing Maturity." Kent is a published author and has been featured in Forbes Magazine, CMO.com, Marketing News Magazine, Business.com, MarketingProfs.com, BtoB Magazine, Computerworld.com, and Texas Technology Magazine. He currently serves in advisory roles for the CMO Council and the Social CMO. Kent is also the founder and Co-Publisher of Social Media Marketing Magazine.
> Kent's Bio
Thank you for reading this article. I hope you found it interesting.
Wednesday, January 30, 2013
Join MRS. D. with her books, Carlo the Mouse on Vacation and The Trees Have Hearts, for book reading and signings at Galloway Township Library.
Attention all book lovers, children’s literature enthusiasts, parents, grandparents, family and friends!
BOOK READING AND SIGNING AT GALLOWAY TOWNSHIP LIBRARY
If you like to read to your children and want your children to read educational, meaningful, inspiring, and just fun stories, then this event is for you. Please join MRS. D. with her books, Carlo the Mouse on Vacation and The Trees Have Hearts, for book reading and signings at
306 E. Jimmie Leeds Road
About the Author
Mrs. D. (Olga D’Agostino), author of children’s books, grew up in western Ukraine, where she finished Lviv business college. She immigrated to the United States in 1992 with her two small daughters and for years worked in her own business, Famous Bagel Gourmet. She is a member of SCBWI, speaks a few languages fluently, and loves reading, writing, gardening, and traveling. Her children’s books Carlo the Mouse on Vacation and The Trees Have Hearts were recently published. The City Kittens and the Old House Cat, Good Morning, World! and Carlo the Mouse – Book 1: Too Many Rules for One Little Mouse are coming soon and will be available in print on Amazon and Barnes & Noble, and as e-books for most popular e-devices. The full series of Carlo theMouse and her new books TheMysterious Life Inside a Closet and Who Is Most Important in the Fridge? are in the illustration stage. Mrs. D. lives in Smithville, New Jersey, with her husband, Patrick, and adorable Nyda the cat.
For updates on Mrs. D.’s future books, please visit her websites: www.mrsdbooks.net or www.mrsdbooks.com.
Available now for signing (SOFT COVER):
CARLO THE MOUSE ON VACATION- $18.99
THE TREES HAVE HEARTS- $18.99
This enchanting story will touch your heart ... The beautiful illustrations will reveal the story of a young girl in a strange place and lost in a strange language. It will take your child into the imaginary world of a little girl who moved to America from a different country. Unable to speak English, the lonely girl could not find friends. She lived in an old house with a small garden, where three blooming trees and the mysterious wind became her first imaginary friends ...
A funny story, full of the adventures and troubles of Carlo the mouse, who lives a simple life in a Florida hospital but always dreams of greater things. In this vibrant picture book, a daring mouse takes center stage in an adventure even bigger than his appetite. Join Carlo the Mouse in this delightful picture book.
I would like to convey my heartfelt thanks for reading this post and visiting my blog.