Mrs.D's Store

The Royal Palm: multi award-winning children's book!

Runaway Clothes:multi award-winning children's book!

Good Morning, World!:Multi Award Winner

The Trees Have Hearts:Multi Award Winner

Follow Carlo the Mouse Series!5 books are coming in 2017-2020!

Join The City Kittens and the Old House Cat

The Little Girl Praying on the Hill- Readers' Favorite International GOLD Award Winner

That Is How Things Are - Coming in fall 2017!

Who Will Feed Stacey First? Story 1:Coming 2018!

The Mysterious Life Inside a Closet-A New Children's Book Coming in spring 2018!!

A Beautiful Tribute From My Fans

Thursday, June 20, 2013

A Wonderful Review of Mrs. D’s The Trees Have Hearts

How many of us have felt left out at some point in our lives? I remember my mom wouldn’t buy me roller skates with rubber wheels (all my friends had those) because I already had a pair…that just happened to have metal wheels. I used to be so embarrassed because my skates made so much noise, and people teased me about them. At 8 years old, I thought that was the end of the world because I wasn’t like my friends. Now, imagine being a child who is teased or “left out” every day. This is what The Trees Have Hearts by Mrs. D addresses.


I found this book to be beautifully written and exquisitely illustrated. To me, Mrs. D’s story is a reminder that friends come in all shapes and sizes, which is a wonderful lesson for children to learn. It also teaches children that there is always a place for them to fit in this world. The love that the characters have for each other is so uplifting to read, especially in a day when we’re more apt to see some terrible ways in which people can treat each other than the good that people do. This book helps to teach or reinforce lessons of kindness and friendship, but as the reader, I didn’t feel like I was being preached to. I would recommend this book for children and adults alike.


I also would like to mention that English is not Mrs. D’s first language, but yet the book was written and edited better than many books I have read by people who have spoken English for their entire lives. I look forward to reading more of Mrs. D’s books.

Like other books, Abby read this one. Afterwards, Abby, her dad, and I discussed the moral of the book as well as how well it was written and where Mrs. D. is from (Abby’s dad’s family is Ukrainian). These are exactly what Abby wrote about the book:
The Trees Have Hearts is a very caring book. It teaches you about friends and how you should always be there for them. I thought the book was well written considering Mrs. D’s second language is English. The Trees Have Hearts had very good illustrations. Overall, I give this book a 5 out of 5 star rating.”

Mrs. D’s blog is http://mrsdbooks.blogspot.com. You can connect with her on Twitter at MRSDBOOKS. Links to purchase The Trees Have Hearts include http://tinyurl.com/bwr3ew8 and http://tinyurl.com/cgvp68t.

Courtesy of Kimberly Sentek
She has spent her entire life telling stories--so much so that her parents swear she was born talking. A lifelong resident of New Jersey (and a huge fan of Bon Jovi), Kimberly is owned by two cockapoos, Nico and Tugger. Her first book, Oh Brother!: A Nico and Tugger Tale, was inspired by them, and she hopes to continue writing a series of books about her two furry children. 

You can visit her at KimberlySentek.com
Amazon:Oh Brother!: A Nico and Tugger Tale

Picture



Buy Mrs.D.'s Book

 



Follow the delightful story of a little girl who discovers the real meaning of friendship in The Trees Have Hearts.
ISBN 13 (SOFT): 978-1-4691-3479-6
ISBN 13 (HARD): 978-1-4691-3480-2


MRS. D.'S BOOKS - LOOK INSIDE!!

CARLO THE MOUSE - SERIES OF 10 BOOKS

CARLO THE MOUSE - Book 1; TOO MANY RULES FOR ONE LITTLE MOUSE

CARLO THE MOUSE - Book 2; NOW WE'RE TALKING! coming out 2014

CARLO THE MOUSE - Book 3; WHAT'S GOING ON? coming out 2015



I know you’re all busy and it means a lot that you would share your time with us.
Thank you! 

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful review and a very beautiful design of this post!! I like it!

    ReplyDelete