MRS.D'S BOOKS ARE AVAILABLE ON AMAZON

The Royal Palm: multi award-winning children's book!

Runaway Clothes:multi award-winning children's book!

Good Morning, World! - Mom's Choice Award Winner

The Trees Have Hearts - Mom's Choice Award Winner

Follow Carlo the Mouse Series!5 books are coming in 2017-2020!

Join The City Kittens and the Old House Cat

The Little Girl Praying on the Hill- Readers' Favorite International GOLD Award Winner

That Is How Things Are - Coming in fall 2017!

Who Will Feed Stacey First? Story 1:Coming 2018!

The Mysterious Life Inside a Closet-A New Children's Book Coming in spring 2018!!

A Beautiful Tribute From My Fans

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Experience the Magical Underwater Photography of Elena Kalis































Experience the Magical Underwater Photography of Elena Kalis


Elena Kalis was born in Moscow (Russia) but has, for the past ten years, lived on a small island in the Bahamas with her husband and two children. She has an education in traditional art, but has recently been following her interest in photography.  Over the past year she has been doing some underwater projects with her children and their friends.  Some of Elena’s images have been used for books, magazines and CD covers, and have also appeared in print magazines and online publications.
Looking Glass
Looking Glass
Where were you born, where do you live now, any other background info?
My name is Elena Kalis. I was born in Moscow (Russia) and have lived for the past ten years on a small island in the Bahamas with my husband and two children. I have an education in art (traditional paintings and drawings) , but have recently been following my interest in photography. I have been doing some underwater projects with my children and friends for the past year.
alice20
alice20
alice32
alice32
alice24
alice24
How would you describe your work?
Alice in WaterLand.  That’s the name of my recent project and it’s describe my work as well.
Ocean Breeze
Ocean Breeze
Rainy Day
Rainy Day
What processes and techniques do you use to create your work?
Digital photography. I use Canon 5D with housing and 28 or 50mm lens. Post process in Photoshop.I shoot in pool and ocean.
collection55
collection55
alice25
alice25
Are you a full time artist?
I am full time mother and remaining time artist.
collection74
collection74
How did you get started?
I love ocean and I spend a lot of time in the water (with camera and without) so it was natural thing for me to do.
collection64
collection64
Any notable accomplishments?
I was doing underwater photography for little over a year now.It’s not that long but I have a lot of response from the people. Some of my work have been used for book, magazine and CD covers, and have appeared in print magazines and online publications. Underwater images are liquid, weightless and have dream-like quality. That’s probably why they are so appealing to many people.
Leda
Leda
collection68
collection68


collection45
What artists inspire you?
I recently discovered for myself work of photographer Connie Imboden and it’s changed how I look at the reflections now. However my inspiration is not necessarily coming from the work of other artists. It could be anything really, small things around me…


collection45
  


Photograph mermaids kiss by Natalie Shau on 500px 



Photo: Fish do not sleep ...
Coral - @elenakalis- #webstagram
Underwater Rocks on Flickr.



Swan Song #flickstackr

Flickr: http://flic.kr/p/c4f597
MRS.D.BOOKS./THE TREES HAVE HEARTS/CARLO THE MOUSE ON VACATION

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mrs D

    Absolutely amazing photo's! Truly awe inspiring, thank you so much for sharing, they need to be shared!

    Enjoy your day!

    BTW I'm now following you here too! :D

    Bella

    www.bellaharte.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete