Mrs.D's Store

The Royal Palm: multi award-winning children's book!

Runaway Clothes:multi award-winning children's book!

Good Morning, World!:Multi Award Winner

The Trees Have Hearts:Multi Award Winner

Follow Carlo the Mouse Series!5 books are coming in 2017-2020!

Join The City Kittens and the Old House Cat

The Little Girl Praying on the Hill- Readers' Favorite International GOLD Award Winner

That Is How Things Are - Coming in fall 2017!

Who Will Feed Stacey First? Story 1:Coming 2018!

The Mysterious Life Inside a Closet-A New Children's Book Coming in spring 2018!!

A Beautiful Tribute From My Fans

Friday, January 27, 2012

WHERE IS CARLO THE MOUSE?


”CHEREEKK … CHEREEKK…
WHERE IS CARLO THE MOUSE?”
I wish I were someone who likes to use new technology. I am strange; if the word doesn’t describe a new creation in a sweet way, I don’t feel like using it.




Facebook sounds harsh, almost insensitive. They should call it Hug! People love open arms and a friendly squeeze. I do! I’m sure you do, too.
Hugbook sounds warm and cozy. Facebook is for someone who is ready to face the world. I’m not! I’m sure the world is not ready for me either. No hard feelings, world! Call it even. Most of us do not like facing things—bad weather, crummy news, the truth. Brrrr … It sounds scary!
While daydreaming about Hugbook, I will try to get friendlier with the Internet and make some friends on Facebook.
Hooray! The more I use it, the friendlier it sounds. It’s not bad at all! I’ve found many friends, except for someone I really wanted to find.
Where is he hiding? Where has he gone? Any idea? I’m sure he doesn’t live inside my computer. Who knows? The computer does come with a mouse. The snoopy mouse is a genius! He might be in your house at this very moment. Please check the code “Carlo the Mouse on Vacation.” But beware! He is cute, but shrewd! He is so soft and squishy … I want to tickle him and make him laugh. It makes me think of Google! Hooray for the Internet! 
I am like everyone else: I like to Google! I love this name! It sounds like a laughing baby, and any grandmother loves little kids.
I Google every day! I love to chase the mouse around the world. He used to live in Florida, inside a hospital’s walls, but his curiosity got him in trouble. His name is Carlo the mouse, a tricky fellow. He fell inside an open car trunk and unexpectedly took the vacation he had dreamed of all his life. For a while, I lost track of him, so if you spot him snooping around your computer or somewhere else, please email me at olga@mrsdbooks.com immediately.
If you have doubts about whether Carlo is the mouse you see, please ask for a picture and I will send you one right away. I will understand if he tricks you. Don’t get discouraged! Read the story “Carlo the Mouse” and get an idea of where that sneaky mouse could have gone.
My good friend “Gut” is telling me that I should listen to the bird that knows how to tweet.
“Twitter!” This word sounds like music to my ears. Twitter reminds me of a little sparrow who likes to chat, just like you and I do. This tiny bird isn’t a good singer, but when it starts twittering, the world hears its voice. A happy sparrow sings with soul and likes to spread good news to children. Since I heard the sound of this bird, I’ve started twittering. 
“Chereekk … Chereekk.” That’s how I am twittering these days. I sit back and carefully listen to what children have to say.
Attention, all children! I need your help. Please spread the news: I’ve lost track of the funny mouse. He took a wrong bus and landed on a plane that took him to Paris. My little friend got himself in trouble on the streets of Paris and disappeared without a trace.
Please help me find Carlo the mouse. His family is waiting, and so am I. Listen to the news and keep your eyes open. If any thought of his location crosses your mind, just quickly tweet “Chereekk… Chereekk.” I will be there waiting …





Ah ...the story of my life.

SHE WROTE A BOOK...ABOUT A MOUSE.



BUT...I DON'T FEEL LIKE READING IT.



I BETTER TAKE A LOOK...SHE WORKED SO HARD.



WHERE IS CARLO THE MOUSE?



AH... SILLY MOUSE...HE NEVER LEARNS...



YOU ARE IN TROUBLE,CARLO!



WHAT TAKES SO LONG? GET IN THE TRUNK!



SLIDE FASTER CARLO!



I AM NOT LOOKING...GET IN THE TRUNK,CARLO!



 AH...HE IS THE CUTEST MOUSE I EVER SAW...



BUT.... I HAD ENOUGH OF HUNTING ...

HERE IS MRS.D.'S CLUE: 




WHERE IS CARLO THE MOUSE?

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great funny story of Nyda's life ! Thanks, Mrs. D !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for stopping by, Olly. Keep looking!! :-)

    ReplyDelete